Waterloo Biofilter Systems Inc. is a Canadian-owned and operated company that develops, manufactures, and maintains advanced onsite wastewater treatment systems. Our mission is to protect soil and water resources through innovative wastewater treatment solutions and staying committed to high-quality treatment, low electricity usage, and system dependability. Since 1991, our technology has proven to be the most reliable system available, and we continually strive to lead the industry in innovation and service. We pride ourselves on our outstanding team of employees who stand behind our company and our systems; not only leading the industry but providing a supportive community that allows for both personal and professional growth. Our entire team, whether on the warehouse floor, in the office, or out in the field, utilizes collaboration and teamwork alongside continuous improvement in order to get the job done right – that’s The Waterloo Way.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the SolidWorks-AutoCAD Drafting Technician and Wastewater Treatment System Designer position is primarily responsible to prepare and update component and system drawings using SolidWorks/AutoCAD as well as working on treatment process settings and designs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design templates for various drawing types.
- Draft plumbing and component drawings for internal use within our manufacturing environment.
- Draft external drawings and documentation such as cut sheets and product renderings to aid in the design and installation of our treatment systems.
- Prepare generic process drawings for use in manuals and marketing material.
- Prepare custom component and system shop drawings for system installations.
- Other drawings as assigned.
- Some time spent in the production warehouse and at system installations is required to become familiar with our components and systems.
- Calculate system settings including sewage flows, configuration capacities, pump rates, and timers.
- Prepare system treatment process schematics.
- Review third-party designs and prepare quotes for our systems.
- Provide clarification to regulatory and permitting agencies.
- Prepare project proposals and manage to completion.
- Work within our ERP software to manage and update projects and contacts.
- Prepare operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assist with updating design and installation manuals.
- Graduate of College or University from a Science or Technology program.
- Proficiency with 2D/3D CAD software, specifically SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Understanding and familiarity with plumbing, piping, manufacturing, and construction.
- Knowledge of onsite wastewater treatment processes.
- Understanding soil morphology and hydrogeology.
- Experience in understanding and interpreting legislation and codes specifically knowledge of the Ontario Building Code (OBC) Part 8 and Ontario Ministry of Environment Conservation and Parks (MECP) sewage design guidelines is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with other employees and departments.
Location & Specifics:
- Full-time day shift, Monday to Friday.
- Hybrid work location between remote and our head office in Guelph ON.
- Travel is sometimes required to attend sites or events.
- $45,000 to $60,000 dependent on experience.
- Full benefits package including dental, vision and drug coverage.
- Annual bonus plan.
- RSP matching.
- Company shut down between Christmas and New Years in addition to annual vacation time.
- Tuition support for further career growth and development.
- Full-time, Permanent